Tuesday 16 November 2010

Black Ops...

After days of hassle off my friend Will, I have decided to go and buy Black Ops, and my amazing girlfriend Levi decided to pay for me. Aha, so technically saying, heres £40, see you in a couple of months. As bad as I personally think it looks, this could be down to the mental image of Modern Warfare 2. I'm not gonna lie, but Modern Warfare 2 was amazing when it was first patched, once Models had been nerfed and all the elevating bugs had been fixed the game was great. Then the wave of younger members came in. It was around Christmas when this... apocalypse hit. Every lobby I joined after Christmas was full of 12 year old kids, screaming at anything. Me and my friend Mikey would be on CoD at like 3am having  a nice quiet game until one member of the community would shout "Hey, N O O O B ii E (me) and Mr Dr Mikey (Mikey),  you guys are so bad at this game. You should f*** off back to your mum." Now to be honest, from someone older it would've been quite funny, but the fact this kid went out of his way to say this. I mean, I'm sure he plugged his mic in and waited for it to connect just to say this one thing. Considering me and Mikey were just chilling, messing around, doing the casual trap each other in corners and spam the crouch button, he actually started raging.

I've been told that Black Ops has the exact same audience and the community is even worse. With the new Xbox being released in a package with CoD, the ever increasing new-wave of gamers, if they can even be called that, is increasing. I remember the days of CoD 2 when you could join a game and have a good laugh with both teams. Whether you won or lost there was no abuse, no confrontation, nothing. Just a faint "Good game" and "well played" could be heard. Even of Gears of War, for such an aggressive game the online community was amazing. I can't wait for Gears of War 3, but I reckon the community will be full of 6 year olds who reckon they're hard because their un-caring parents let them have one of the most brutal and violent games in the market, just to keep their kids quiet. Little do they know, their child is screaming down the microphone and causing a potential World War 3 at members of the public who don't live in their country. Just cause they know they can get away with it with their identity as nothing but an alias.  In a perfect world, Microsoft would clamp down on this and make a system to block kids playing, or even make dedicated servers for different age groups. For example, 10 - 16 year olds on one map, so they can shout "Ya mum maaaate" at each other without annoying the gamers who remember the days of CoD 2. This server would also have gore turned off etc, so if they managed to get their hands on an 18+ game, then they don't get the full gaming experience. Sure, gaming companies probably cant be bothered to take the extra time to create these servers, but if they cared about their gaming community and want members to enjoy playing games rather than having to unplug their microphone just to restrain themselves for shoving pencils down their ears causing deafness. I mean,,, it's only a quick copy/pasta method of code, well.... ish.

Well hopefully Black Ops is better than Modern Warfare 2, I might as well give it a try, and just hope the community is a bit better within the games that I join. I'll create a post with a review of what I think, then you can get a CoD 2 fan's review rather than a 12 year olds review who only discovered what an xbox was when they first played Modern Warfare 2.
S'inabiiiiiit. x

No comments:

Post a Comment