Saturday 6 November 2010

hmmph...

 The Night Has Been Ruined

Today I arranged for Daz, Sophie, Jon and Jake to come over for a night of gaming... So this morning I installed an official copy of Windows 7 64 bit to fix all the problems I was having with a previous copy as it was capping some of my computer software and was causing my computer to run slower than it can.
Whilst installing, I sadly had to format my hard drive as I had not previously set any partitions in my hard drive that has Windows installed on. Due to this I lost everything. After a while searching for all of the correct drivers I started installing the most important pieces of software for my computer. These were Steam, iTunes, Opera and of course League of Legends.

Whilst installing and updating League of Legends I believe I obtained a virus as my computer kept flashing up an error saying "Windows has encountered a critical error...System will reboot in one minute." This has happened all day and I had not realised. Up to now I still don't know but it hasn't happened since.

So anyway, I decided to try and copy pasta Daz's LoL files from his PC to mine and the game ran fine... Until trying to connect to the server PVP.net. This caused major problems as all the directory files were assigned to Daz's PC and not mine, so it broke and kept disconnecting my character from the game. Resulting in further crashes each time I loaded up LoL. Sadly, I had to delete any trace of LoL from my system and I am now reinstalling it and updating it. Hopefully it won't take too long. Once this obstacle has been passed I will need to focus on reinstalling all 70gb of Steam games and replaying them to get my game saves back. This including my beloved Fallout: New Vegas save which I had played all last night and was looking forward to another night of it tonight. Luckily for me the game is amazing so I don't mind too much about having to restart it.

HD 6970 or GTX580?


Okay... I'm so confused about which new graphics card to follow? I used to be an Nvidia fan boy so naturally I have looked at the GTX580, but currently I have a HD 5770, and it runs amazingly. The initial plan was to buy a 6970 as they are Dual GPU and the FPS rate will be perfect, especially for benchmarking. Although ATI have got their new Dual GPU card, the GTX580 will once again have Nvidia's famous PhysX which will give games amazing in game physics, but sadly not all games used PhysX and have a built in physics engine within the game engine. So to be honest, it's just wasted technology. Unless of course the games are made to suit PhysX like Mafia 2.  I believe I will go for the 6970 as I am extremely impressed with the 5770, and looking at benchmark results from the 5970 they looked brilliant. I don't know for a fact, but I have been told that a 6970 works as well as two 5970's. This again is just something I have heard online, but I will keep checking out the overclockers forum and youtube reviewers and keep this updated with any news on the 6970 and the GTX580. But honestly, I cannot wait for the end of the November, as that is the rumoured date for the release of the 6970's :D
 It'll be an expensive end to the month, but it'll be cooooooool  ><

Please Check These Out...

Sophie's Blog 

Daz's Blog 

Mikey's Blog 

All the above blog's are created by some of my close friends, please check them out and see what they have to say :) Cheer Guys. x

No comments:

Post a Comment