Thursday 25 November 2010

League of Legends works again

Background Information
Unless you are Daz, Jon or Sophie you will not understand the frustration I have had to go through just to get League of Legends (LoL) working. In one of my older posts I was complaining about my PC and how it wouldn't let the LoL client install the patches, and after many attempts at reinstalling Windows and formatting my hard drive, I still had no progess. I was told by many that there were various different ways to fix it, but none of them worked. I was also told that I should not use the official LoL downloader from their website because it is US servers only, and me being in the EU doesn't help. Or so I thought...

The Miracle
Yesterday I was at my friend Bertie's house, and he was playing LoL and it really made me want to play, so when I went home I had a look around various 3rd party download sites where I could acquire the LoL EU client, the main site I looked at was fileplanet. Now for some reason, the fileplanet client didn't connect to the servers, this was when I started raging. So i thought, why not have a look on the main site. So I went to the official LoL site, and what d'ya know they happen to have uploaded an EU client that works perfectly. Just my look. After 15 minutes the client had downloaded, installed and fully patched ready to play. I was amazed at how fast and simple it actually was now there was an official EU client out.

So anyway, I started playing again as a character called Sivir. She kinda reminds me of a rogue off WoW, but one that can't go invisible. She is extremely fast when fully geared and crit's every other hit. Which is very impressive, but I couldn't play here... at all. So I then acquired the character "Irelia."

Irelia, the only character I can play and enjoy at the same time

She has now become the most favoured character of mine. Her abilities aren't that powerful to begin with but used in sync and at the right time, every other champion I have faced has fallen to their knees. At level 18 (the max level in one game) she can almost 2 hit everyone, except the usual suspect Shen, but if you played the game you would realise that he has more armour than the Lich King.

I don't really want to write too much about LoL as not many people will be interested in it, but please check it out. If you enjoyed DoTa on Warcraft 3, then I'm sure you will love LoL. Visit their website here to download the client and create your own account. Oh, one final thing, it's all free. Yeah... that got you interested.

Thanks for reading, Remtard.

No comments:

Post a Comment